For today’s recipe, we’ve merged quintessential summer BBQ fare with a little Mediterranean flare…you like how I did that? A clever rhyme for your Saturday morning entertainment.
SPOT ON POTATO SALAD
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, oil free
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 4-6 servings
POTATO SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 8-10 red potatoes, boiled and cubed*
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely minced
- Juice from 1 small orange (about ¼ cup)
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. brown or Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. paprika or fresh ground pepper
POTATO SALAD DIRECTIONS
- Steam potatoes:
- Place a steamer basket into a medium sized pot.
- Add water up to the base of the steamer basket. Bring water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender (poke with a knife or fork).
- Remove from heat and transfer potatoes to a bowl.
- Dice potatoes into cubes, leaving the skin on. Be careful, they’re hot!
- Meanwhile, whisk together fresh dill, orange and lemon juice, tahini, mustard, salt, and paprika.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, diced onion, and sauce. Stir to coat.
- Cover potato salad and chill until ready to serve.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Sunday 4/24/16
8:00 AM Free Running Club – Iron Horse Trail at Stone Valley Road – Coach Karen