Fruit is one of nature’s most perfect sources of energy. It’s fiber-rich, nutrient-dense, low in calories, and abundant with antioxidants, phytonutrients, enzymes, electrolytes, and natural sweetness. It also comes perfectly packaged, ready to eat.
When I feel my energy levels slowing down, I get moving, I hydrate and I fill up on fruit. Especially in the afternoon, when it’s best to avoid that cup of joe, fruit is a great way to get quick energy from Mother Nature’s very own creations. Fruit salad is one of the many ways you can jazz up your fruit intake and brighten your afternoon with an all-natural, caffeine-free pick-me-up!
Foot Loose & Fancy Free Fruit Salad
Recipe by Jentry Lee Hull
Yields 2 servings
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Juice from 1 meyer lemon
- Remove watermelon from rind and cube into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove pomegranate seeds – see video for helpful tips.
- Combine watermelon and remaning fruit in large bowl, pour on meyer lemon juice and gently toss ingredients all together.
- Divide salad into serving bowls and garnish with fresh basil.
Cheers to your health!
Gumsaba Outdoor Fitness Class schedule Thursday 9/24/15
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Womens only class – Coach Briana – Endurance Circuit
5:30AM Sunrise Danville Mens only class – Coach Joel – Endurance Circuit
6AM Sunup Lafayette Co-Ed class – Coach Jentry – HIIT Thursday
9AM Sunshine Walnut Creek Womens class – Coach Briana – Endurance Circuit
9:15 AM Rose Court Private Class – Coach Michelle – TRX Partner CORE
11:00AM Cytosport Power Training – Coach Briana (private class)
12:00PM Cytosport Beginner’s Yoga – Coach Jentry (private class)
3:30PM Miramonte Football Stretching Session – Coach Michelle & Coach Jentry